In line with the recent government announcement, the Madrasah will be open for face-to-face teaching at the Masjid from Monday 12th April 2021.
All parents will be required to drop their children off at the Masjid at their usual times.
For any inquiries please contact the office on weekdays between 4.15 pm & 7.45 pm on 0121 5655767
We thank you all for your continuous support during this pandemic.
We pray that Allah safeguards us, grants this ummah relief & cure during this difficult time. Ameen
To receive updates, please ensure that we have an up-to-date mobile number.
Madrasah new year starts on 1st September 2020.
From September as per government guidelines & for safety Madrasah will reopen in three sessions with fewer students in each class.
Adjustment to Madrasah due to covid guidelines.
• We will be running 3 sessions to keep the classrooms to a minimum size. Each session will be 1 hour long. The timings are as follows:
(Session 1) 4:20pm – 5:20pm
(Session 2) 5:30pm – 6:30pm
(Session 3) 6:40pm – 7:40pm
• Every child must bring their own prayer mat/cloth to sit on when they come to the Madrasah. Please take it home at the end of the session. DO NOT leave it in the Masjid.
Students must bring their own madrasah bags with all their Qurans/text books/exercise books and stationery.
• When dropping off your child, please maintain social distancing outside the Masjid and only send your child in when the passage is clear. Upon exit only one class will be let out at a time, so please be patient when collecting your children. It is imperative that you collect your child on time from the Masjid carpark as we have to disinfect the classroom for the next class. We cannot keep children behind and wait for parents.
• Please keep the Masjid entrance clear by not gathering outside the Masjid, and by parking your car further away to avoid congestion.
• All parents should ensure their children visit the bathroom and complete wudhu before they arrive as toilets and Wudhu areas will be closed.
• DO NOT send your child to the Madrasah if they or any family members are displaying any Covid symptoms (new cough, fever, loss of taste or smell).
• Smaller classroom bubbles are made to prevent a full Madrasah close-down. Parents will be notified when a student or staff member has tested positive for Covid-19. In this case the class may move online for 14 days. Please make sure that your mobile numbers are up to date to ensure smooth communications.
• Masks will be necessary for older children, as they will be meeting those within their bubble. Children need to bring a mask or any other PPE gear from home. Also, students must refrain from shaking hands and to avoid all physical contact with others; this includes with teachers. Saying ‘Assalamu Alaykum’ will be sufficient.
• It is extremely important that you explain to your child to keep a 2 metre distance from anyone at the Masjid. They must sit in their place and must NOT go near anyone.
Any child who cannot adhere to these rules will not be allowed to attend Madrasah.
We do hope to make Al Qalam Academy a safe and secure place for the staff and students. If you have any further concerns please feel free to contact the Madrasah.
Talk in English every Friday at 1.00 pm – 1.10 pm
Once a month in English for brothers & sisters Sat after Isha
Tafseer of Quran in Urdu every 2nd Wednesday after Maghrib
for brothers every Friday 8pm for sisters starting soon